Abdullateef works chiefly on dispute resolution, tax advisory, and real estate engagements. He routinely represents clients in proceedings before arbitral and tax tribunals and superior courts of record in Nigeria. He also provides regulatory, transaction support, and general commercial and corporate law services, including start up support and business advisory services to indigenous and multinational clients.
Abdullateef has advised clients on a wide array of commercial transactions and has conducted diverse litigation and arbitration matters involving contentious and recondite points of law. He has also acted as an amicus curiae to the Nigerian Tax Appeal Tribunal. He is currently developing further specialisation in cryptocurrencies, blockchain, smart contracts, data protection, AI, and other areas where the law intersects with the digital economy.
Representative matters in which Abdullateef has been involved include –
- A foremost indigenous oil and gas company: litigation services in a tax-related appeal at the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
- A major global manufacturer of payment terminal devices: legal advice and representation in relation to the recovery of its debt from a Nigerian distributor.
- Two multinational information technology companies and the world’s leading manufacturer of high technology equipment: legal advice and representation services in several employment matters at the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
- Leading indigenous oil and gas company: advisory opinion and transaction structuring support on the tax impact of cross-border share transfer and indirect acquisition of controlling stake in a Nigerian E&P company.
- Major fund manager and advisory firm: transaction advice and support on its billion Naira investment in a cassava farming business operating in Kogi State.
- Multinational agricultural company: legal advisory and support services on diverse joint venture projects with the governments of various states in Nigeria.
- Numerous clients: routine legal advice and support on property transactions, including preparation of property transaction documents and conduct of property searches at various state and federal land registries and at the offices of other property authorities in Nigeria.
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Corporate and Investment
- Commercial Transaction
- Technology, Media & Telecom
- Real property
- Labour & Employment
- Member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), London
- Fellow, Society for Advanced Legal Studies (SALS), London
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration
- Member, International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Member, African Bar Association
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association – Section on Business Law